I was born and raised in the Roman Catholic Church. I practiced my religion faithfully for many years. Then I began to “lose the faith” — literally. I became disillusioned with what I perceived to be a judgemental, controlling, closed society, almost a cult. So I left. I realize that’s not everyone’s experience with Catholicism, [...]
This blog post is a bit “off the beaten path” as far as spiritual topics go. But not too far off, as it’s as story of loyalty and love. It’s excerpted from a book I wrote a few years ago, Dogs: Heartwarming, Soul-Stirring Stories of our Canine Companions. “In April 2001, I found myself wandering [...]
One of my favorite quotations is from Pablo Picasso. Here’s how it went: “My mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk, you’ll end up as the pope.’ Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.” John Cali Maybe I’m taking some liberties [...]
How do you think your life would improve if you were your authentic self more often? Would it affect your relationships? How would it affect your relationship with yourself?
Dr. Bernie Siegel tells a wonderful story about his marriage. Years ago he fell off his roof, hitting his head on the pavement. He developed amnesia from the injury. He said the amnesia dramatically improved his marriage with his wife Bobbie. But when his memory returned, he sought marriage counseling. Fascinating story! After I thought [...]
One of the most common comments we get from Spirit is they cannot tell us humans anything we don’t already know. All they can do is help us remember what we’ve forgotten. I love this quote from Neale Donald Walsch: “Teaching is never about helping others to learn but about helping them to remember.”
I’m sure at least some of you have heard this remarkable story of Joshua Bell, one of the world’s greatest violinists. As arranged by The Washington Post, in January 2007 Bell got off the Metro at Washington, DC’s L’Enfant Plaza Station. Dressed as a nondescript young man in jeans, t-shirt, and baseball cap, he placed [...]
In Spirit’s and my work with others, in private readings, and in informal conversations, one of the major issues coming up for many folks is other people’s opinions of them. They get upset by choices others make. We see so much anguish, frustration, and pain over this issue. John Cali People tell us they could [...]
What are some examples in your life of allowing yourself to be upset over the choices of others? Can you think of anything you can do to change your reactions? Do you think your life would be happier and more peaceful if you simply did not care what others are doing? (That does not mean you do [...]
New! “Messages From Spirit” app
Spirit Oracle Cards Application
A beautiful deck of 48 cards that can give you insights into your daily life issues. Put the app on your mobile device, and get a reading anytime you want.
Click here for more information and try the app for free!
Get Inspiration from Spirit in Your Inbox
- How Do We Reconcile Reincarnation and Simultaneous Time? by John Cali June 17, 2013
- Did Your Family Give You Bad Genes? by John Cali June 12, 2013
- Nurture Yourself with a Spiritual Retreat by John Cali June 10, 2013
- Why Do We Need Forgiveness? by John Cali June 6, 2013
- How Effective Are the Protests Against Monsanto? by John Cali June 3, 2013
- The Scent of Roses by John Cali February 4, 2013
- Cold-Blooded Murder by John Cali March 8, 2013
- What Are Parallel Realities? by John Cali October 7, 2012
- The Magical Critters of Wyoming by John Cali March 11, 2013
- Do You Have a Bad Back? By Barbara Clark January 18, 2013
- John Cali: What that means is linear time does not exist in t...
- Chuck: i am not sure what you mean Past, future and prese...
- Shirley White: Thanks John, Much love to you Shirl...
- John Cali: Thanks very much, Shirl, for a very clear explanat...
- Shirley White: My understanding of reincarnation is that it is no...