At times most of us feel stressed and even overwhelmed by life. That seems to be the price we pay for living in these exciting times.
Feeling stressed and overwhelmed is a way of life for many. But it does not have to be that way. None of us are victims.
Here are some suggestions my spirit guides have offered to help us deal with life’s challenges:
- Do something to nurture yourself, whatever feels good to you—pet your dog, watch a funny film, have a cup of tea.
- Ask us in spirit for help. We are always here for you, but we cannot help if you do not ask.
- Move. Get your body moving—walking, running, jumping rope, etc. Whatever appeals to you.
- Meditate—one of the most powerful ways to eliminate stress.
- Talk to a loved one. Someone who cares, and loves you, is a great stress-reducer.
- Soak in a warm bath, maybe use some scented oil.
- Get out into nature. The sights and sounds of nature are very calming and therapeutic.
- As much as possible, avoid your mainstream news media, particularly television.
- Breathe—deeply, consciously, deliberately. Your breath is your direct connection to Spirit.
- Listen to soothing music.
- Be fully present in the moment. Know you are, in that moment, safe, secure, loved and cherished. All is well.
P.S. Among Spirit’s recommendations above are the sights and sounds of nature, and soothing music. Well, here’s a video that combines all of those. I’ve used the video myself, and know how powerful it is. It’s 3 hours long, but you don’t have sit there and watch the whole 3 hours—just play it in the background when you’re working, exercising, etc.
How do you deal with the stress in your life? Is there anything that works particularly well for you? Please share your thoughts and comments with us below.
What other subjects would you like us to talk about in these posts? Please email me at: