Is it really necessary to study deep philosophy and all the world religions to be truly spiritual? ~ Ted Murray
If you’re reading this, you’re probably on a deliberate, conscious path of spiritual growth. I am too.
But do we make our spiritual paths more complicated than they need to be? If you’re like I was for many years, you make spirituality—and even life itself—anything but simple. It’s as if simplicity was a curse.
In Ted Murray’s words above, he’s implying many of us ignore simplicity on our spiritual paths.
Here are a few of my favorite simplicity quotations:
- Veritas simplex oratio est (Latin for “Truth is simple.”)
- If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein
- The fewer your words, the more compelling your statement. ~ Alan Cohen
- The truth is simple. If it were complicated, everyone would understand it. ~ Anonymous
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. ~ Confucius
And here are some of Spirit’s thoughts on mastering simplicity (spiritual and other), in no particular order:
- One powerful way to vastly simplify your life is to seek your happiness within yourself, not in what’s outside—money, relationships, other people, etc.
- Love everyone and everything unconditionally.
- If you are on a heartfelt spiritual path, do not allow yourself to be overwhelmed by all the seminars, gurus, retreats, etc. available. You do not have to do it all.
- Do some soul-searching to rediscover what brings you joy. Eliminate everything that does not.
- Every day, whether you’re buried in your worldly busyness, or resting in your quiet time, you will begin to feel more peaceful, if you keep life simple.
- You will find simplicity in the silence.
- You will realize the vast power of simplicity in the silence.
- Find something—anything—in your life every day you are grateful for. Gratitude, by itself, will simplify your life and make you aware of how blessed you are to be in human form.
- You will find much simplicity in nature. Nature is simple. You will learn the art of simplicity by spending even just a few minutes in the natural world each day.
- Even if you live in a city, you can find something of the natural world there–parks, trees, flowers, animals.
- If you find yourself attracted to a particular spiritual guru, path, teaching, etc., go into your heart to see if it feels right for you. Trust that feeling—it will not deceive you.
- Remember, always, you are your own highest and best authority. No exceptions.
- Finally, remember this: You, standing alone in your power and peace, will find mastering simplicity the easiest thing you have ever done. But it will take practice.
Copyright © 2019 by John Cali
Have you got any particularly favorite ways to simplify your life?
Please share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
In this short video Grant Blakeman give us some wise advice on decluttering and simplifying our lives.
We think you’ll be interested in this…
Our mobile apps have been downloaded many thousands of times. They will uplift and empower you—whether you’re looking for physical or emotional healing, inspiring advice from Spirit, or simply a few words to brighten your day.
P.S. We’ve added a new portal app to the Apple Store. Please visit it here.
P.P.S. We now also have an all-in-one portal for all oracle cards. You can visit it here.
Or watch this short video for all the details.