Berna and I ran into her widower the other day. He was, understandably, sad and sorely missing his wife. They’d been together 63 years. And their son had died many years ago when he was just 7 years old.
Berna, a deeply compassionate woman, spoke with him for a few minutes. He did not speak English. So he and Berna spoke in Dutch. I didn’t understand their conversation, but she told me about it later.
I felt the energy of the conversation, and I sensed the deep sadness of the man. A wave of compassion for him swept over me.
I wanted to tell this dear man his beloved wife was waiting for him on life’s other side. They were bonded forever, and would never be apart. And she wanted him to know she could talk to him. She had not left him. It would have brought him some comfort and peace.
We’ve talked about life after death many times over the years. But “life after death” is not an accurate term. There is no death. There is nothing to dread or fear. There is only life.
Here are some of our thoughts:
- You don’t have to contact those in spirit, whether they were human or animal in their physical lifetimes—or even if they were never physical. They will contact you if they have a message for you.
- All those in spirit who love you—family, friends, pets, spirit guides—always want to talk with you. They always carry messages for you.
- When people (or pets) die physically, they often return to their still-physical loved ones immediately—especially if the loved ones are grieving deeply.
- Since consciousness is not in your body, nor a part of it, it does not die whenever your body appears to die. It is eternal. You are eternal. You are one with God.
- As it says in your Bible (quoting Jeshua), “I and my Father are one.” So too are you one with your Father. You cannot die.
- There is no death. There is only eternal life. Yes, your physical body changes form. But you are not your body. You are a divine being who lives forever.
Copyright © 2022 by John Cali and Berna Copray
Edited by Berna Copray
In this very short video, Raymond Moody, M.D., a life-after-death author and expert, tells us what to expect at death, and what it all means.
Please share your thoughts with us in the comments below.