As most of you probably know, whether you live in the United States or not, gay marriage is currently a hotly divisive topic among Americans. Underlying that, of course, is the whole issue of homosexuality. For most of the United States’ history homosexuality was illegal.
Today we’re seeing more and more gay folks, including politicians and other public and private figures, “coming out of the closet” and admitting their sexual preferences.
In my personal opinion, this is a good thing. I have gay friends and family, and I love them as much as my “straight” family and friends.
Does your sexual preference really matter? Not to me it doesn’t.
Here are some of Spirit’s thoughts:
- In a real sense, you are all “gay”—because you all possess masculine and feminine aspects.
- You get into difficulties when you over-identify with one aspect and exclude the other.
- You are free to express any and all aspects of who you are.
- All expressions are good.
- There is nothing wrong with any relationship—heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual.
- All sexual orientations are good and valid.
- Love is the primary purpose of all relationships.
- Love will heal all your wounds.
- Love will restore you to that place where you remember who you are and why you are here.
- Love is who you are and why you are here.
- Love is all there is. Nothing matters more than love. Nothing.
Do you think gay marriage is wrong? Is homosexuality wrong? If you were looking at a gay person through the eyes of God, what would you see? Please share your thoughts and comments with us below.
What other subjects would you like us to talk about in these posts? Please email me at: