Over the years, Spirit has talked a lot about forgiveness. In today’s chaotic, often callous, world the subject of forgiveness has never been more timely. Here are a few of Spirit’s thoughts.
- There is no dis-ease today that is not caused by you. Most times, the true cause is your unwillingness to forgive.
- If you are suffering from any disease, discomfort, or dread in your lives, it is for one reason only: UNFORGIVENESS.
- When you discover the hidden power of forgiveness, you will find the key to total healing—physical, emotional, spiritual.
- The person you most need to forgive is yourself. Begin there, and all the rest will flow easily and effortlessly.
- You may not see forgiveness and world peace as closely linked. But you cannot have one without the other.
- If you take one small step each day to create more peace within yourselves, you would be making a huge contribution to world peace.
- Forgiveness and love should not only be an occasional practice. They should be your way of life.
- Forgiveness frees you to be who you really are, and to do what you came to do.
- Probably the most important words we can offer today are these:
You do not need forgiveness if you have not judged another (or yourself) to begin with. Then there’s nothing to forgive. It’s that simple.
Here are a few thoughts about forgiveness from others:
Forgiveness is God’s command. ~ Martin Luther
Learning to forgive is much more useful than merely picking up a stone and throwing it at the object of one’s anger, the more so when the provocation is extreme. For it is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others. ~ Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
“Forgive your worst enemies.”~ Eva Kor, Auschwitz survivor
I can have peace of mind only when I forgive rather than judge. ~ Gerald Jampolsky, M.D.
Copyright © 2022 by John Cali and Berna Copray
Edited by Berna Copray
In this delightful video, Oprah Winfrey and Marianne Williamson discuss forgiveness:
Please share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
This theme of forgiveness has been finding me a lot lately. Unfortunately me and my father don’t have the best relationship, and the last time we spoke he said some really hurtful things, he also talked down to me all while asking me for money. Over and over I forgive him, or at least I think I do. But I’m starting to realize maybe I just think I’m forgiving him, but deep down I really haven’t. I need to do more inner work and get to the bottom of why this message of forgiveness keeps finding me over and over. It’s not that I don’t believe in coincidences, but I certainly don’t trust them. I believe this must be a message from spirit to inspire me to find my inner peace and forgiveness. Thank you again for your meaningful messages, I love all of your work.
Hi, thank you for your reply. Great you love our work!
I am sorry to hear about the relationship with your father.
When you feel hurt, anger, disappointment or any negative emotion the ego-mind is in charge. When you notice this, tell yourself: “This is not who I am. I am Love!”
This will quiet the ego-mind and will decrease the intensity of the emotions. Then it is also easier to forgive from the heart.
Other people are there for you to help you grow on your path. They are a kind of savior for you, so you can even be grateful for their words or behaviour and trust the situation.
You are never in the wrong place or time. But, in fact, you are your own savior. Quiet your mind, don’t give your power to the ego-mind. Then you will find inner peace. Berna
Thanks very much for your comments and kind words.
Forgiveness certainly is one of humanity’s greatest challenges. As Spirit has said over the years, we must learn to live fully in the present moment. Then forgiveness becomes a non-issue. Forgiveness is always about the past. Happiness is about fully being here now in this present moment.