Over the years, Spirit has talked a lot about forgiveness. In today’s chaotic, often callous, world the subject of forgiveness has never been more timely. Here are a few of Spirit’s thoughts.
- There is no dis-ease today that is not caused by you. Most times, the true cause is your unwillingness to forgive.
- If you are suffering from any disease, discomfort, or dread in your lives, it is for one reason only: UNFORGIVENESS.
- When you discover the hidden power of forgiveness, you will find the key to total healing—physical, emotional, spiritual.
- The person you most need to forgive is yourself. Begin there, and all the rest will flow easily and effortlessly.
- You may not see forgiveness and world peace as closely linked. But you cannot have one without the other.
- If you take one small step each day to create more peace within yourselves, you would be making a huge contribution to world peace.
- Forgiveness and love should not only be an occasional practice. They should be your way of life.
- Forgiveness frees you to be who you really are, and to do what you came to do.
- Probably the most important words we can offer today are these:
You do not need forgiveness if you have not judged another (or yourself) to begin with. Then there’s nothing to forgive. It’s that simple.
Here are a few thoughts about forgiveness from others:
Forgiveness is God’s command. ~ Martin Luther
Learning to forgive is much more useful than merely picking up a stone and throwing it at the object of one’s anger, the more so when the provocation is extreme. For it is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others. ~ Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
“Forgive your worst enemies.”~ Eva Kor, Auschwitz survivor
I can have peace of mind only when I forgive rather than judge. ~ Gerald Jampolsky, M.D.
Copyright © 2022 by John Cali and Berna Copray
Edited by Berna Copray
In this delightful video, Oprah Winfrey and Marianne Williamson discuss forgiveness:
Please share your thoughts with us in the comments below.