Time and space are modes by which we think and not conditions in which we live. ~ Albert Einstein
A couple months ago, I took a trip to northern Montana. When I travel, I keep track of the exact mileage. From my house in Wyoming to my destination, Shelby, Montana, it was 532 miles north.
The next day I traveled another 34 miles north to a town called Sweet Grass.
The total distance from Wyoming to Sweet Grass, then, was 566 miles or 1,132 miles round trip.
I returned to Wyoming that same day. I kept track of the travel time both ways.
It took me 9.5 hours to travel the 532 miles from Wyoming to Shelby the first day.
On the return trip the next day, it took almost exactly 8 hours to travel the 566 miles from Sweet Grass back to Wyoming.
I traveled at the same speed and the same route both ways. Road conditions, traffic, and weather were the same both days.
That’s a huge time difference — 9.5 hours to travel 532 miles, and 8 hours to travel 566 miles.
I had no explanation for it. So I asked one of my spirit guides. His answer was interesting.
He reminded me that on the trip from Wyoming to Montana, I was constantly checking the miles I’d traveled. Time seemed to drag.
He advised that I not keep checking the miles traveled on the return trip. I didn’t, and time seemed to fly.
Whether time literally dragged or flew, I don’t know. But I do know, according to the clock, it took 8 hours to travel 566 miles one day, and 9.5 hours to travel 532 miles the day before.
Spirit has talked about time, time travel, and similar subjects in the past. Here are a few of their thoughts.
- Linear time is a convenient invention you’ve created to help you make sense of your physical experiences in a physical body.
- Among all sentient beings, only humans live in linear time. Animals do not, unless you’ve “domesticated” them.
- As we see it, what you call time—past, present, and future—are simultaneous. Your experience, of course, does not reflect that.
- You often move beyond your “normal” waking state, even without being aware of it. That is exactly what happened when Johnny was on that two-way journey to Montana and back.
- When you are in a state of awareness different from your “normal” waking state, two things can happen.
- Either linear time gets distorted. Or it simply ceases to exist.
- You all live beyond time. You must because you are spirit temporarily occupying physical bodies. To your spirit, time doesn’t exist.
- You are pure consciousness, completely free of time and space.
In this 21/2-minute video, astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson discusses time from a scientist’s perspective.
Copyright © 2019 by John Cali
Edited by Berna Copray
Many of us experience “time flying” or “time dragging.” What do you think is really happening? Do we live in time? Or is it just an illusion we’ve created?
Please share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
We think you’ll be interested in this…
Our mobile apps have been downloaded many thousands of times. They will uplift and empower you—whether you’re looking for physical or emotional healing, inspiring advice from Spirit, or simply a few words to brighten your day.
Try our Spirit Oracle Cards deck and Messages From Spirit in the Indie Goes Oracle Cards app.
P.S. We now have an all-in-one portal for all oracle cards. Visit it here.