We had some interesting and insightful responses to our article, Are You Happy?, earlier this week. So today we’re going to talk again about happiness.
Here are a few more of my favorite happiness quotations:
- Through practices of self-awareness, you will establish an unshakable baseline of happiness through all of life’s ups and downs. ~ Deepak Chopra
- Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it. ~ Groucho Marx
- Happiness depends upon ourselves. ~ Aristotle
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- Remember this, that very little is needed to make a happy life. ~ Marcus Aurelius
- It is only possible to live happily ever after on a daily basis. ~ Margaret Bonanno
- Your happiness is a gift because it literally brings out the best in you. ~ Robert Holden
- When our communication supports compassionate giving and receiving, happiness replaces violence and grieving. ~ Marshall Rosenberg
- We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same. ~ Anne Frank
- The summit of happiness is reached when a person is ready to be what he is. ~ Desiderius Erasmus
And here are some more of my favorite happiness quotations from Spirit:
- Happiness is an “inside job.” You must create it for yourselves. Yet so many of you wait for someone or something outside yourselves to do it for you.
- A happy life is an “inside job.” You create a happy life from within.
- It is only when you can truly and deeply love yourselves, and love where you are now, that you will find happiness.
- The only guarantee of a happy life is reclaiming the power within, and not allowing your happiness to be determined by what or who are “out there.”
- Once you are happy you will start noticing how beautiful your world is, how beautiful other people are, how beautiful you are.
- Attachment to the world around you drags you from your happiness, your joy.
- When you seek happiness within you will empower yourselves to create and live the most joyous, abundant lives you have ever known.
Please share your thoughts about happiness below, and also your personal experiences.
We welcome your comments and thoughtful opinions, whether you agree or disagree with us. Please keep your comments polite and relevant to the topic of this blog post. If needed, we’ll edit for clarity. Also, we’ll delete anything we consider inappropriate.
Send Us Your Questions
We invite all of you to send us your questions. We’ll publish our answers in occasional blog posts. Please follow these guidelines:
1. Keep your questions “on topic – that is, on the subjects we cover in our blog posts and newsletter articles.
2. Your questions should be of interest to all our readers. If you have personal questions, especially long ones, those would be more appropriately covered in personal readings.
3. Email me your questions. While I cannot guarantee we’ll be able to answer all questions, we’ll do as many as we can.
Check out our new Spirit Oracle Cards.