What is your honest opinion of yourself? If you’re like many folks it’s probably not very high. Sometimes, perhaps often, you struggle with low self-esteem, a poor self-image. You find it hard to draw on your own inner resources to feel good about your life. So you become dependent upon resources outside yourself to make your life bearable.
Does that sound familiar? Is your ego making your life hell on earth?
Here are 8 signs your ego is controlling you:
1. You think poorly of yourself because of all your past “mistakes” and “failures.”
2. You are uncomfortable with, or even deny, your deepest feelings.
3. You feel inferior or superior to others, based on such things as money, material possessions, physical looks, etc.
4. You’re obsessed with other people’s opinions of you.
5. You do all you can to look good in other people’s eyes, even if it means pretending to be someone you are not.
6. You’re constantly defending your actions, thoughts, feelings, opinions.
7. You often compare yourself unfavorably to other people.
8. You get offended easily and assume others think the worst of you.
In one of our next blog posts Spirit will give us some advice on handling these ego issues — issues which most of us deal with at one time or another in our lives.
Please share your thoughts with us below.
We welcome your comments and thoughtful opinions. Please keep them kind and compassionate. If needed, we’ll edit for clarity. Also, we’ll delete anything we consider inappropriate.
We’re starting a question-and-answer feature in this blog. We invite all of you to send us your questions. We’ll publish Spirit’s answers in occasional blog posts. Please follow these guidelines:
1. Keep your questions “on topic” — that is, on the subjects we cover in our blog and newsletter.
2. Your questions should be of interest to all our readers. If you have personal questions, those would be more appropriately covered in private readings.
3. Email me your questions. While I cannot guarantee we’ll be able to answer all questions, we’ll do as many as we can.