How often do you define yourself by your past—by who you were10 years ago or 10 lifetimes ago?
When I was younger I had no identity except for how I remembered myself in the past. And yet none of us are the same now as we were 10 years ago, 10 lifetimes ago—or even 10 minutes ago.
Here are some of Spirit’s thoughts:
- You can live your lives only one moment at a time.
- You drain all the pleasure and joy from your present moments by polluting them with guilt from past deeds done and worry about future deeds undone.
- If you fully immerse yourself in the present moment with love, you will find your lives becoming easy and effortless.
- What do you think is the difference between that carefree, joyful little child you were once and that care-full, joyless big child you are now?
- Life will make more sense if you see all your lifetimes from our perspective. We do not experience linear time as you do. To us it does not exist.
- Therefore all your lifetimes—past, present, and future—are current, or concurrent. They all exist here and now, in this present moment.
- Heal yourself in this lifetime and you heal all your past lives.
- All you really have is the present moment. All of what you call past and future, all of who you are, all of your reality are contained in the present moment.
- You owe it to yourself to be here now, in every moment.
Adapted from the Spirit Oracle Cards by John Cali, Frederic Calendini, and Stephanie Quesada (2012)
Do you find yourself shackled by the past? How can you let go of past pain and baggage? Please share your thoughts and comments with us below.
We welcome your comments and thoughtful opinions, whether you agree or disagree with us. Please keep your comments polite and relevant to the topic of this post. If needed, we’ll edit for clarity. Also, we’ll delete anything we consider inappropriate.